Topic

Cuban quilt…it’s gotta be done

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Cuban quilt…it’s gotta be done

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 51 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Lynn Tramper

@retropump

Locale: The Antipodes of La Coruna

Thanks Bill. I think I'm going to start small with this and make a down 'sleeping bag' for my little dog. I don't want to sew the seams because a) I've had problems with cuben tearing at seam, c) my sewing machine is not very good, and c) I want the bag to be waterproof (aka vapour barrier). So taping makes sense, and is very strong. At 3.5g per yard, it will add some significant weight, but that is the trade-off for a more robust and hopefully waterproof design. I gave my trial pouch the submersion test last night and it appears to be perfectly watertight.

Huzefa @ Blue Bolt Gear
    Spectator

@huzefa

Locale: Himalayas

Lynn, how do you plan to wash this quilt in future?

Also, suppose you are camping in high humidity, below freezing conditions where the dew point is inside the quilt then there will be condensation INSIDE.

These two questions are troubling me. The questions are applicable to DAM too but I cant think of a solution. I am hoping you (or anyone reading this) may have the answers to these.

Viewing 2 posts - 51 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools