Topic

Down for Backpacking the CA Central Coast

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Down for Backpacking the CA Central Coast

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Nathanial Eady

@dagreekpacker

Locale: California's Central Coast

I moved to the Central Coast of California (Santa Maria to be exact) from San Diego a little over a year ago. I've been backpacking several times in the Ventana Wilderness, Los Padres National Forest and out on the Channel Islands since then. I have also dabbled in the Yosemite and Sequoia areas. Let me know if you want some company for upcoming trips pretty much anywhere in the state. Also, willing to travel farther if given ample time to plan. In fact, I just got back from the Salmon River in Idaho, great country up there!

Joshua Billings
    BPL Member

@joshua

Locale: Santa Cruz,Ca

Hey man, I love going to Ventana and stuff like that. I am from Santa Cruz. I'm always up for a weekend trip. The Sierras are great to but the drive is hard on me for trips less than 4 days.
    Josh

Nathanial Eady

@dagreekpacker

Locale: California's Central Coast

Good to here from you Josh, I think the only slight problem we have right now is that most of the Big Sur/Ventana Wilderness area is on fire. In the long run this could be advantageous. A few months back I hiked the Pine Ridge Trail from China Camp to Big Sur Station. The trip was awesome but the middle 7 miles were almost total bushwacking. Maybe we'll luck out and the fire will clear similar disused trails out. Keep me posted on any upcoming trips.

I was checking other forum threads and it looks like you were trying to hit up the Lost Coast. Did you ever make it out there? I was supposed to go in April, but my brother lost his job and bailed on me last minute.

Joshua Billings
    BPL Member

@joshua

Locale: Santa Cruz,Ca

I did end up going to the lost coast. I posted a trip report in the trip report forum. My avatar was taken at the mouth of the Mattole. As far as Big Sur is concerned, it will be a different place for a while. I read that a third of the wilderness has burned. Should be a healthy cleansing. My prayers go out to all the people with homes in that area. I know what it is like. We have had to evacuate twice this year already from the fires in Santa Cruz.
    Josh

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools