Topic

Outdoor Research Furio Jacket

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Winter Hiking Outdoor Research Furio Jacket

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    raj nag

@rajnag21

Locale: Currently NY

I am pretty new to all this and plan to start out slowly. I am planning on using this jacket for backpacking in the indian himalaya region. I got it for $ 120. There was one comment that goretex pro should have been used on the elbows.
    What do you guys think of this jacket ?

larry savage
    Spectator

@pyeyo

Locale: pacific northwest

This jacket shines in an alpine environment just keep it clean and refresh the DWR from time to time.
    Where you will notice this shell struggling is low land humid approach slogs … the pacific northwest region of north america is the "land of goretex", even children's toys come with goretex covers but warm rainforest hikes are less enjoyable clad in goretex.
    This jacket will outlast your attention span when the desire for the next generation of waterproof breathable struts its stuff. Try searching the forums for working techniques in that environment.

raj nag

@rajnag21

Locale: Currently NY

Hi!
    The trips that I plan to use it for start at 6000 feet and up. So I'm mainly concerned with it's durability and use in that environment. It can still be humid and wet at that altitude. I will search the forums for goretex usage in alpine environment if I understood you correctly.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools