Topic

JMT in August

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips JMT in August

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Terry Ferguson

@essentl

I'm looking to do the JMT sometime in August – anyone interested?

About Me: I'm a 32(old) male, Graphic Designer from Venice Ca. I consider myself an experienced lightweight backpacker, although i've been sitting at my desk for 2 years…(I've been training for a little over a month). My base weight will be somewhere between 9 and 11 lbs. I'm looking at doing anywhere between 13 and 20 miles per day.

Nick Chen

@fleetparadox

Locale: Socal

Hey Terry,

Shoot me an email. I've been thinking about doing JMT sometime this summer as well.

fleetparadox "at" gmail.com

Thanks!

-Nick

Brian Maier

@bmaier

I also have been toying with a mid august JMT. Lets talk.

bmaier with google's mail

Michael Whiteside

@ruralbackpacker

Locale: Northern California

I'm going too. Probably on August 15. I'm not looking for a partner but maybe I will see you guys on the trail. I will start from Tuolumne Meadows.

Ciao,
    Michael

Steve Stanzione

@sstanzione

Terry,
    I am a 29 years old, recently married, looking to complete the JMT this year as well. I predict about in the same length of time. I had originally planned on going with my usual backpacking partner, my brother, but since he is 10 years younger than me, he is not that dedicated yet…. maybe in a few years!

I live Long Beach and in IT. I have backpacked for about 20 years off and on, but over the past 6 years have managed to catch a few trips a year to the Sierras (mostly Mineral King area).

Let me know if you are interested. Good luck!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools