Topic

ULA New Packs for 2006

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) ULA New Packs for 2006

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    kevin davidson

@kdesign

Locale: Mythical State of Jefferson

ULA has completely revamped the pack line.
    Some very interesting packs—P-1, P-2 and Fusion
    have evolved quite a bit plus a new pack.

as an added bonus—an iceaxe for as little as 4.5 oz.

everything made in the US of A

See photos and factsheet.
    http://www.ula-equipment.com/

Anonymous

Thanks for the heads-up. One day I’ll dump my Aether 60 for a lighter pack, and ULA may be the company for me. I love my Amigo water filter.

-G$

Ken Helwig
    BPL Member

@kennyhel77

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA

I saw the ice axe on the site. At that weight it should be illegal. Also the new packs look amazing.

Mark
    BPL Member

@mlarson

Locale: SoCal

Ken, is it just coincidence that your P-1 is now up for sale? :] The new models do look pretty sweet, though. I have a feeling I’m going to have a great holiday season.
    -Mark

Mark
    BPL Member

@mlarson

Locale: SoCal

As a further update, I notice that the “Products” tab on the ULA website has a space for “Axis Crampons”… no info yet, but hopefully soon.
    -Mark

Ken Helwig
    BPL Member

@kennyhel77

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA

Yep I will be buying one of those new ones!!!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve been eyeing the ULA’s New Conduit at 20 oz. and 3,200ci’s how can you go wrong!

Verndal Lee

@jagc

Locale: Pacific NW

Just asked ULA where the “bottle holsters” were going to be located, and whehter they would interfere with the bellowed side mesh pockets. Their answer is: “The side mesh pockets are a standard feature on all ULA Packs. The optional bottle holsters are positioned on the shoulder straps. Images will be posted shortly to better illustrate their position and function.”

Mike Storesund

@mikes-1

I suspect they will be something like GoLite’s reflective webbing strap with velcro to hold part of the bottle, along with an elastic cord with spring lock to hold another part. Works great with bicycle water bottles, but something to be desired for Nalgene type bottles.

Jeremy McDaniel

@jerm409

Locale: highest privy in the lower 48

i got my eye on the Conduit as well.

the bottle holsters are just two pieces of shockcord w/ a cordlock. there are two per side. brian says that they work best w/ the taller bicycle water bottles. but i use just one strap per side and use the small gatorade water bottle. the shockcord goes attaches to the shoulder strap where the d-ring is. check it out hear: http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/4567/pb2100240sd.jpg

Frank Feagans

@ffeagans

Locale: Midwest USA

I love my P-2. Comfortably handles 40+ and has survived many days and nights with no problems. My next pack will be an ULA, too!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Jeremy,

Not sure if I’m willing to wait for BPL to do a review of the ULA Conduit this pack has Christmas Present written all over it.

Not sure about the front mounted Water Bottle Holster even at 0.4oz

FastWalker

paul johnson

@pj

Locale: LazyBoy in my Den - miss the forest

Roger,

>>”Not sure about the front mounted Water Bottle Holster even at 0.4oz”

just curious. why? i’ve added them to packs and used them w/o a problem. AR’s use them all of the time – and they often move a lot faster than most of us. i’m sure you have a good reason for your statement. what are you thinking of, that i’ve missed?

Will Rietveld
    BPL Member

@williwabbit

Locale: Southwest Colorado

Roger,
    I agree that the new ULA pack designs really look promising. ULA has been making packs for some time now, and the new packs should be ULA state-of-the-art.

Brian has promised us a pack or two to review as soon as they are available, and we will get a SpotLite Review posted as soon as they arrive.

Did you look at Brian’s tour of his manufacturing facility (garage)? I think it really makes a good impression of their commitment and what we like to see in a cottage industry making ultralight gear.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
    Will

Jeremy McDaniel

@jerm409

Locale: highest privy in the lower 48

i just noticed in the pull down products bar that ULA is going to have crampons as well as the superlite ice ax. can’t wait to see them.

Anonymous
    Inactive

pj its a personal preference.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Will

I’ve spoken to Brian on several occasions. ULA is an excellent business model for the UL cottage industry. Excellent Product, Excellent Customer Service, Excellent Turn Around On Orders. Everything I’ve ordered has exceeded my expectations. And he’s a Great Guy too, if you have any questions or concerns Brian makes the time to talk to you.

An Obvious Loyal Customer,

FastWalker

paul johnson

@pj

Locale: LazyBoy in my Den - miss the forest

Roger,

your reason is certainly valid. personal preference comes into play in so many things. many thanks for the clarification.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools