Topic

july 19-24 TRT or bishop-piute pass loop

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips july 19-24 TRT or bishop-piute pass loop

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Dylan Taylor

@nevadas

Locale: California Coast

hey all,

my hiking buddy suffered an injury to his calf and so he is out for a week long trip we'd been planning. we had talked about an extended loop on the east side of the sierra's from bishop pass thru evolution valley and out puite pass. its about 60 miles but we were going to supplement with spur hikes.

since he has bailed, i was thinking about doing the Tahoe Rim trail instead. i've lived in tahoe but never done that whole trail. in the time i have it will be a definite push to do the whole 160 miles in the 5 or so days. but if someone is game to push that limit, you are welcome to join– and i would love the company.

we can cache food at some point halfway and so be able to go light light light. i will prob use my ion and have the cache for like the 3rd day.

obviously we are talking big days so be ready and able to do like 25-35 mile days, depending.

let me know!

Dave T

@davet

Dylan Taylor

@nevadas

Locale: California Coast

unfortunately, those dates are set in stone. i've had them requested as time off for months and i can't, won't is actually more accurate, pull out of them now. then the following week i am joining my fam in oregon for a week long family vacation.

too bad we wont be able to join up; it seems we would be a good team for the 5 day TRT. but lets get together for a trip.

i liked your idea about the shasta-trinity area. this fall? the sooner i can plan it, the more likely i can commit, with work and all…

Dave T

@davet

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools