Topic

Glacier NP next week

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Glacier NP next week

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Joshua Gilbert

@joshcgil2

Locale: Seattle

My wife and I are going to be in glacier next week, and we were wondering if anyone has some suggestions for good hikes this time of year.

We'll be staying in east glacier (this is a trip with my aging parents, so we won't be doing any backpacking, but the wife and I will branch off for ay hikes)

Anybody know what snow con ditions are like?

thanks in advance.
    Josh

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

In another thread here on BPL I have posted detailed trips I suggest in Glacier National Park. Mid-June of this year will still be very snowy in the high country so take this into consideration if you contemplate 'Trip One – The Northern Traverse' or the Dawson/Pitamakin as these trails both pass through the seven and eight thousand foot contours.

Trip One – "The Northern Traverse" – 7 days, 6 nights
    Trip Two – "Coal/Nyack Loop" – 6 days, 5 nights
    Trip Three – "Dawson/Pitamakin Pass Loop"

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/xdpy/forum_thread/11246/index.html

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools