Topic

Maah Daah Hey

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Maah Daah Hey

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Dustin Cooper

@dustin-cooper

I am planning a thru-trip of this 100-mile trip sometime in late summer early fall. More than likely September. I am very new to hiking so I'm not sure how long this trip will take. I am thinking 10 days? Any advice? And does anybody have an appropriate gear listing for my trip?

Thanks in advance,
    Dustin

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

There was a winter discussion about the Maah Daah Hey that might whet your appetite. View it here:

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/xdpy/forum_thread/11222/index.html

In terms of gear you will find that any typical summer/fall list will suffice on the plains of North Dakota. It is my understanding that the trail is well-maintained with ample camping and watering opportunities to facilitate standard lightweight backpacking gear.

I look forward to a trip report as the Maah Daah Hey is in my top five hikes-to-do-in-the-next-few-years list.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools