Topic

The North Face sucks

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) The North Face sucks

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 76 through 84 (of 84 total)
  • Author
    peter vacco

@fluffinreach-com

Locale: no. california

on all this anti NF and their silly stupid logo's, loss of serious focus, and lame graphics plastered all over …
    am sure the Ray Jardine is laughing his ever-so-cynical butt off at us Right Now !

nanner nanner naaaannnnerrrrrr … i told you so, it old you sooooo…. and what .. like 20 something years ago ???
    bawhahahaha…

ray

James holden
    BPL Member

@bearbreeder-2

are BPLers gonna start up the REI hating threads again

hmmmmm

;)

Andrew U
    Spectator

@anarkhos

Locale: Colorado, Wyoming

Lol. I was at the Denver flagship REI today using up the last of my store credit on a LiteMax stove and bear spray, thinking to myself how much I HATE being in there these days. Went from being my favorite retailer to most despised in a very short period of time it seems.

I feel pretty smug these days seeing REI staff talking family campers into the most godawful monstrosities imaginable. I just want to run through the store calling shenanigans on all of them.

Dave T

@davet

> are BPLers gonna start up the REI hating threads again?

this is a five year old thread that was started in 2008, restarted in 2010, and again restarted in 2013.

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

^
    ^
    ^….and both "initiators" and "re-ignitors" are new and vitriolic.

Yet another example of too much free time not spent in the woods.

James holden
    BPL Member

@bearbreeder-2

heh … we are the ELITE after all

just buying stuff from a "cottage" garage shop, and playing around with spreadsheets … allows us to look down our noses at those TNFers and REIers, some of whom actually go out and use their gear

BRING BACK THE OLD BPL !!!

;)

Rick Reno
    BPL Member

@scubahhh

Locale: White Mountains, mostly.

Just sayin'

Tanner M

@tan68

Speaking of too much time… Reading through this and reaching the beer can splint, my first thought was of shredded fingers and arms. I suppose the broken arm is wrapped in something to prevent cuts by the jagged metal of the can…

I figure the can is cut open and placed like a sleeve. Maybe the can is just smashed flat and taped in place.

Freedom pants. Freedom trousers.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

and the ever popular Freedom Slacks.

Viewing 9 posts - 76 through 84 (of 84 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools