Topic

WTS thread

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Lynn Tramper

@retropump

Locale: The Antipodes of La Coruna

I ws just finishing the last page of that very lengthy WTS thread when it disappeared….did someone step over the line?? If so, it would be nice to know what line was crossed…

P. P.

@toesnorth

Locale: PNW

Allison, I'd been reading it but not participating. The last comment I saw was a perfectly civil one by Ben. Someone must have crossed the line afterwards or the powers that be just got tired of it all.
    Ah, I love the smell of testosterone in the morning. ;-)

Diplomatic Mike

@mikefaedundee

Locale: Under a bush in Scotland

I'm still trying to figure out why people were getting so wound up. Life's too short……..

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

The thread turned into a quagmire of hazing. I'm glad it got deleted cuz I couldn't stop watching that youtube video and I was getting no work done. My laughing was beginning to annoy the workmates.

Yours truly,

AFT

Steve O

@hechoendetroit

Locale: South Kak

nm

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

So BPL put out the fire. I somehow see this new thread as a smothering pile — ready to flare up again into an all-consuming fire any minute… :)

Adam Rothermich
    BPL Member

@aroth87

Locale: Missouri Ozarks

[pours water on smoldering ashes]

Maybe LNT should apply to more than just the backcountry…

Adam

Lynn Tramper

@retropump

Locale: The Antipodes of La Coruna

It may be a smouldering pile, I just want to know WHY it's a smouldering pile??? Was there profanity? Name-calling? Outright lies? Or was it just some heated opinions??? I didn't get to the last page before it got deleted, so I'm not sure why it was so inflammatory. Maybe someone in the know could just PM me the details and then I can delete this query from the public eye….

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

LNT Adam? Leave No Trolls?

Dave .
    BPL Member

@ramapo

That was the best post of the day, John. I really did laugh out loud.

Joseph Porrello

@jap361971

Locale: Coconut Grove

what was the you tube video? I followed the thread for a while but missed that.

Miguel Arboleda
    BPL Member

@butuki

Locale: Kanto Plain, Japan

Please do NOT post that YouTube video here again. If everyone got all upset about one poster's words which I saw as civil I do not think it is fair to post something much more in bad taste. I particularly think that if the BPL moderators are so keen on people not using profanity here then allowing a link to a video full of profanity would definitely be a double standard. The moderators deleted that thread with the video for a reason. Please respect their decision. If you post it here again this thread will most likely be deleted, too.

What is it with all the brouhaha lately??? I have never seen this much rancor at BPL, even in the days of Vlad.

Adam Rothermich
    BPL Member

@aroth87

Locale: Missouri Ozarks

Speaking of which, I'm surprised the profanity filter doesn't flag Vlad :).

Adam

Anonymous
    Inactive

John,
    Leave no trolls? Oh, man, that's priceless.

Miguel Arboleda
    BPL Member

@butuki

Speaking of which, I'm surprised the profanity filter doesn't flag Vlad :)

I always imagined him speaking with Bela Lugosi's Dracula voice so I was never able to take anything he said too seriously or get upset by it.

Maybe we should have an "accent" button, so that when a post gets too volatile you just press the accent button and the post will be read from any number of choices, "Darth Vader", "Marvin the Martian", "Yoda", "Miss Piggy", "Igor", "Ronald Reagan"…

Jeff Cadorin
    BPL Member

@jeffcadorin-2

Locale: paper beats rock

I am envisioning the marvin the Martian voice right now….oh that takes the cake

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Should WTS participants carry hand guns for protection in the backcountry?

(fire bug retires to safe distance and watches…)

Jeff Cadorin
    BPL Member

@jeffcadorin-2

Locale: paper beats rock

"Should WTS participants carry hand guns for protection in the backcountry?

(fire bug retires to safe distance and watches…)"

Ben you are such the antagonizer, but I…….never mind I'm tired of fighting for the rights of others…..to each their own…

*edit* the comment to Ben was meant in a playfull tone, hope no one misinterpreted it

Christopher Holden
    BPL Member

@back2basics

Locale: Southeast USA

Miguel Arboleda said:
    "Maybe we should have an "accent" button, so that when a post gets too volatile you just press the accent button and the post will be read from any number of choices, "Darth Vader", "Marvin the Martian", "Yoda", "Miss Piggy", "Igor", "Ronald Reagan"…"

If none of these work, there's always Emo Phillips.

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

When posts get volatile, I think adding Miss Piggy will flame up tempers even more! :)

Miguel Arboleda
    BPL Member

@butuki

Ben, I didn't think of that. You're right! How callous of me. I think, then, that Porky Pig would be an acceptable solution, don't you think? :)

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Porky pig will do, although I personally prefer Kermit.

How come no one's chiming in about guns in the backcountry? Where's Sarbar? :)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Maybe we shoud have a rule that requires posters to check their guns(and flamethrowers) when they sit down at the keyboard?

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Locale: Homesteading On An Island In The PNW

Viva La Resistance!

Or something ;-)

Miguel Arboleda
    BPL Member

@butuki

How come no one's chiming in about guns in the backcountry? Where's Sarbar? :)

Well, pewhaps the pewfect pewson for backcountwy gunslinging with the voice needed would be Elmer Fudd himself. That way you shoot two ducks with one gwoan! (^J^)/"

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools