Topic

coffee cup in bear vault?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion coffee cup in bear vault?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    robert courson
    BPL Member

@bertcourson

Locale: lake michigan

Hello, I need some advice on what coffee cup to take on the JMT in Aug that I won't have to put in my BV 350, if there is such a thing. Plastic? Metal? Styrofoam? How about a new plasic or paper "to go" cut each day? And then burn the used one? It seems like too much space taken to put the coffee cup into the BV350?

Jim W.
    BPL Member

@jimqpublic

Locale: So-Cal

No need to put cookware in the bear can. I've never had bears or critters damage dishes, though they do sometimes get knocked over. I do leave them outside so the critters can give them a sniff or lick without chewing through the pack or tent. Of course wash it first.

Dave T

@davet

robert courson
    BPL Member

@bertcourson

Locale: lake michigan

Thanks for the info. The burning of plastic was meant to get some alternatives, you know, to get more responses :>)

mike walker

@m_walker

don't worry about it, hehe not me, I was boat fishing up in AK about 100 yards off shore and this Brown Bear about the size of a car could smell my son open his lunch at that distance. Anything that can have a food odor on it goes in the bear bag 200 ft away from where I am sleeping.
    Depending upon Bear population density.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools