Topic

Granite Gear Hipbelt Pockets

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Granite Gear Hipbelt Pockets

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Kevin Babione
    BPL Member

@kbabione

Locale: Pennsylvania

I have two Gossamer Gear Large hipbelt pockets on my Murmur pack (which has a 1" belt). Gossamer Gear modified them for me to accomodate the small hipbelt (I'm significantly sewing-challenged) for no charge.

I quickly decided that I needed to attach the loop at one end of each pocket to the pack to keep it stablized on my hip. Worked like a champ.

As for what I keep in them, in my left belt pocket I keep my first aid kit, blister kit, Swiss Army Clipper, lighter, and Petzl e-Lite. The right pocket holds my camera and a few snacks. I don't like anything even remotely heavy in my pants pockets because it tends to pull my pants down as I hike and that drives me nuts.

Mike W
    BPL Member

@skopeo

Locale: British Columbia

Michael Davis

@mad777

Locale: South Florida

Iike Mike W., I carry my GPS in the shoulder strap pockets. My camera goes in the hip-belt pockets and as Mike cautioned, Don't set the pack down with the pockets underneath the pack, or sling the pack about with the pockets flying around on their tether, especially near rock outcroppings!

Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools