Topic

Greece

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jessen Jacobsen
    BPL Member

@jessenj

Locale: Boulder

I will be doing some backpacking, hiking, and camping around Greece this summer, the longest stint being a week long jaunt around Crete. I plan on just using my normal backpacking kit for the most part, except I'm still uncertain about my cooking situation.

For those that have been in Europe, what should I do about cooking? Is alcohol attainable? Should I just go with cold food? I have a campingGaz stove, should I bring that?

Richard D.
    BPL Member

@legkohod

Locale: Eastern Europe / Caucasus

I have no experience in Greece, but here in Ukraine it's not too hard to find denatured alcohol in hardware and home improvement stores. If it's here, I'll bet it's there :)

The only problem is you might have to buy a whole liter or half a liter of the stuff, basically negating the weight benefits thereof.

Diplomatic Mike

@mikefaedundee

Locale: Under a bush in Scotland

Hi Jessen. I don't know the fuel situation but if you avoid the 'tourist' areas, you can eat pretty cheaply at Tavernas and places the locals use. Make sure you have mosquito protection!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools