Topic

Overcame injury, back on trail

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Overcame injury, back on trail

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jon Solomon
    BPL Member

@areality

Locale: Lyon/Taipei

Dear Friends, I went backpacking up to around 3700 meters over the last weekend, the first time I have been up in alpine regions in two years after sustaining an injury to my knee. Finally, I was able to prove wrong the doctor who told me I would never be able to hike again!
    I'd especially like to thank my Taiwanese hiking friends and the staff at BPL, who gave me moral support and helped keep me connected to the UL world when things looked not-so-good.
    In gratitude, friendship and admiration,
    Jon

Ken Helwig
    BPL Member

@kennyhel77

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA

Good for you!! I know what it's like rehabing and wanting to be out there. Here's to you proving your doctor wrong!

Paul Foreman

@fish3006

… makes my continuing recovery from CIDP seems miniscule.

Jon Solomon
    BPL Member

@areality

Locale: Lyon/Taipei

thanks for the kind responses. for some strange reason i can't log on to BPL from my home computer since i first made this post. only BPL and Oware are giving me this trouble. probably an angel trying to keep me from spending mo' money!!!

but seriously, now's the time to get a cuben fiber shelter, isn't it!

great to see that everybody at BPL is still here. good luck to those who are rehabilitating—don't give up!

Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

Locale: East Bay

I just had a hernya operation-out for 6 weeks. Man!! its hikeing season- I cant wait to get the Sierras. Forum discussions can only get so far. Suggestion? Any one PLEASE!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools