Topic

Tent Hardwear Protection

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Tent Hardwear Protection

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Gregg White

@gewhite

Locale: WA State

Well I just got back from a shopping adventure, I was trying to track down one of those tent stake and hardwear wraps, no luck. However they had the cheapy toothbrush holders, jam those on the ends and voila. Buy as many as you need you will find some leftover as I am sure they will eventually break.

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

The toothbrush holder is a novel idea albeit heavy by UL standards. I pondered how to deal with my tarp stakes for quite some time before setting off on a long trek in 2007. My first thought was to sew a little pouch inside my pack where the stakes would be easily accessible in the event of a rainy set-up.

I ended up opting to sew a simple silnylon 'envelope't for storing stakes. The fabric provides just enough protection to keep the tips from stabbing my tarp and it keeps all the stakes together for easy retrieval from within my tarp stuff sack.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools