Topic

Scout Gear List

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Scouting Backpacking Light with Scouts Scout Gear List

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Kai Larson

@kaipl

Locale: Colorado

If you're worried about diaper wipes not decomposing, then get the ones that are designed to degrade in a septic tank. Look for the "safe for septic tanks" label on them. These are more biodegradable than the other types.

And as for scouts causing damage, our boys have always been trained to leave the campsite at least as clean as they found it. If you're going to rant about groups that damage campsites, why not rant against horse packers? One horse is going to leave more manure all over the ground than 10 boy scouts.

Scott Bentz
    BPL Member

@scottbentz

Locale: Southern California

"One horse is going to leave more manure all over the ground than 10 boy scouts."

Yes, but if you had to step in a scouts manure it wouldn't be the same as stepping in a pile of horse manure!

I don't have a problem with horses. There's room for us all. It's a big wilderness out there. Fortunately, we are in a great position to teach scouts how to leave a smaller trace

Reminds me of: When I was in France with the Army, one day I reached into my kit, expecting to find a sandwich, the darn thing was loaded with SHAVING CREAM. Be nice and clean, shave everyday and you'll always look keen.

Christopher Holden
    BPL Member

@back2basics

Locale: Southeast USA

Scott,
    Thanks for the blast from the past. My ankle says it's almost recuperated and ready to hoof it a few miles. Now Weird Al and Dr. Demento will be stuck in my head as I hike through my long weekend.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQ7ls5LvUWY&fmt=18
    Chris
    p.s. When you get a youtube link and notice the video quality is less than desirable, you can improve it by adding this to the end of the link: &fmt=18

Joe Clement
    BPL Member

@skinewmexico

Locale: Southwest

Pretty hard to limit your group size in Scouts sometimes. And I thought everyone taught and practiced LNT, but who knows. I am going to do the "patrol vs. patrol" idea on least impact camping.

Kyle Amerman

@diverkd

Locale: East Central Georgia

What is the "Duct tape wrapped around a half a pencil" for?

Joe Clement
    BPL Member

@skinewmexico

Locale: Southwest

Repairing everything in the world.

Viewing 6 posts - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools