Topic

Light back-pack for 45 pound load

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Light back-pack for 45 pound load

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    S P

@highaltitude

John,

Thanks, much appreciated.

Luis Ramos

@luisramos

Locale: Maryland

Full Dyneema Pack
    Pack 29.3 oz
    2 Aluminum Stays 4.6 oz
    Lightweight Backpad 2.9 oz
    TOTAL: 36.8 oz

Extras
    Water Bottle Holster 2.0 oz
    Hip Belt Crest Pocket 2.4 oz

John, yours is indeed on the heavy side.
    Mine is built for a 19.5" spine measurement.

Roleigh Martin
    BPL Member

@marti124

Locale: Founder & Lead Moderator, https://www.facebook.com/groups/SierraNorthPCThikers

Luis, what is the carrying capacity of your pack? (cu in). Do you have a URL at McHale packs to show what it looks like? Thanks.

Joshua Billings
    BPL Member

@joshua

Locale: Santa Cruz,Ca

I would also like to recommend the Nimbus Ozone. It is a great pack at 3 lbs. It holds about 61 L. Nice shoulder and hip belt with plenty of padding. Much more substantial frame than the vapor trail.Another plus is the thick back padding makes for a good mattress for your legs.
    Josh

Brett .

@brett1234

Locale: CA

Larry,
    Move up to the Nimbus Meridian?
    Granite Gear, especially the ones with tepex(plastic) frames are the most comfortable packs I have carried. Ive bought four.

E. H. Clemmons
    BPL Member

@sclemmons

http://www.mchalepacks.com/ultralight/index.htm

Just do it. You won't be sorry. The weight of the pack is immaterial. Read the letter from Dan. He knows what's up.

Skip Clemmons

Luis Ramos

@luisramos

Locale: Maryland

Roleigh, EH Clemmons' got the URL for McHale. My pack is 3500 cu. and its weight is well worth it. 40 – 45 lbs carried feels substantially less in a pack custon built to your specs and built the way Dan puts them together. I was so amazed at the build quality when I first received the pack that I ordered another larger winter pack. I'm set for life with these packs – they are built to last a lifetime, thus the initial cash outlay is a bit harsh, but you won't be buying a new pack every year or two.

Viewing 7 posts - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools