Topic

Hiking near Steamboat Springs:Ideas?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Hiking near Steamboat Springs:Ideas?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Donald Betts
    BPL Member

@donbetts

Locale: Southeast

Second week in June I'll be in Steamboat Springs Colorado for a business meeting. Will fly into Denver and drive up. I hope to arrive a few days early. What would you recommend I do? I have never been to this area. thanks!

Kyle Maring
    BPL Member

@kylcyn

Your best bet would be to stop in at the Medicine Bow-Routt National Forest Service office on your way into town (it'll be on your left as you come in on Hwy 40, 925 Weiss Dr.) and pick up some trail guides from them (the 1 or 2 page photocopies which are usually all you need for established trails). They can also advise you about trail conditions. The Rockies got a lot of snow this year so many high country trails will still be impassable. You might also pick up "Hiking the 'Boat II" at one of the local outdoor shops.

Donald Betts
    BPL Member

@donbetts

Locale: Southeast

thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools