Topic

Zipping two Montbell UL SS bags together

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Zipping two Montbell UL SS bags together

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jeroen Wesselman

@jeroenman

Locale: Europe

Hello,

has anyone any experience with zipping together two Montbell UL Superstretch bags for a couple sleeping.

My girlfriend has a MB UL SS #2 and i have a WM Ultralite. We are / will been traveling and hiking for over a year and so far found that sleeping seperate get's a bit solitary although you are in a small tent.

I'am thinking of buying a MB UL SS # 3 to zip to the # 2 thinking that two stretch bag will create enough room two sleep two adults comfortably.

Has anyone tried this?

Thanks.

Kirk Olson

@kirkols

Locale: Florida and Seattle

Yes, we have two 2008 versions and they zip together perfectly. One long, one regular size.

Jeroen Wesselman

@jeroenman

Locale: Europe

is it no problem zipping a regular and a long together?

Brett .

@brett1234

Locale: CA

I have 2005 and 2006 models in down, and they do not zip together; the zip terminations are the non-separating type. However, the old synthetic UL SS had the separating zippers; maybe the 2008 down models do as well.
    Kirk, are yours down or synthetic?

Christopher Holden
    BPL Member

@back2basics

Locale: Southeast USA

I have a 2007 down UL SS #4. It has the separating zipper, different than the 05/06 mentioned above. I do not have a second to try this connection in question, but when I was asking questions before purchase, I was told that the only difference between the long and the regular was the long had the extended footbox. The long footbox has a cinch string if you want to tuck it back up into the bag, making it the same length as a regular. I have the long and can confirm the cinch string bit, but have not compared it to length of a regular sized bag. Mine is not a full zip, so if it were possible, then the area around the feet (in the long footbox) would not be shared.

Christopher Holden
    BPL Member

@back2basics

Locale: Southeast USA

Brett,
    I notice you live in Japan. Could the different zippers be a difference in production/distribution across continents?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools