Topic

Long Torso

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Long Torso

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Gregg White

@gewhite

Locale: WA State

I tried some searching in the forums but only found a few items hinting at but nothing decisive. I have about a 23in torso measurement which explains why I have probably never felt packs have fit the they are suppose too. Usually end up buying packs without hipbelts or cuting them off all together. I am looking for something in a 2000 2500 cu in range with that extra large size. thanks for the help folks.

Gregg

Dave .
    BPL Member

@ramapo

Gregg,

I have the same problem. I have a really hard time finding packs that fit properly. Some good brands that work for me are Osprey and Granite Gear though.

In the volume that you're after, you might want to consider MLD's Zip. I'm eyeing it up myself right now, and, while I've not actually tried, I have written Ron Bell and he assured me that he could modify the pack to get it to fit me. I'm sure he could do the same with you.

Good luck with your search.

t.darrah
    BPL Member

@thomdarrah

Locale: Southern Oregon

The ULA Catalyst is available in XL and is listed at 23"+. The volume is more than your looking for but this is a very nice pack having both top quality workmanship and materials. Good luck.

kevin davidson

@kdesign

Locale: Mythical State of Jefferson

Ditto about the larger ULA packs like the Catalyst. They fit my long torso better than any other off-the-shelf pack of it's size. In the volume range you're after—My Zip fits me very well. My go-to UL pack. Just tell Ron (of MLD) your size issues.

Jason Brinkman
    BPL Member

@jbrinkmanboi

Locale: Idaho

I have a 22 or 23-inch torso and don't have any trouble finding packs that fit. Almost all manufacturers make multiple sizes, with the large size usually accomodating up to that length. Only exception is daypacks where one-size-fits-most is more the norm.

I personally own packs by Gossamer Gear, Osprey, REI, Mountainsmith, and Kelty (sadly), that all fit well.

Have you ever had someone at a specialty shop fit you? Most backpacking, mountaineering, rock climbing, etc. shops have packfitters.

Gregg White

@gewhite

Locale: WA State

I got my ULA Catalyst today loaded it up and yes it fits thanks for the tips guys. And thank you Brian For the nicely made pack.

Paul Foreman

@fish3006

and the Golite Ion in size L fits me absolutely perfectly.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools