Topic

Cocoon Pants Status

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Cocoon Pants Status

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 26 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    kevin davidson

@kdesign

Locale: Mythical State of Jefferson

That’s bad news, Ryan. And we wonder why manufacturing goes offshore….

To paraphrase John F. Kennedy—Ask not what your nation’s manufacturing can do for you but what you can do to get your goods manufactured.

Courtney Waal

@d0rqums

I didn’t order pants, but that’s still depressing. I’ve been puzzling over how to get some non-standard garments made for my own business and it’s disheartening to see time after time that manufacturers spew chunks over novel designs and screw small companies. It’s quite a lesson in writing contracts so that one can minimize the pain of the inevitable screw-ups.

Anonymous

If still waiting to hear from Manufacturer, I wonder if the manufacturer is the same that Don at Nunatak uses ??? Good product but have to wait longer than expected!

Andrew Browne
    BPL Member

@andrew_browne

Locale: Mornington Peninsula AUSTRALIA

My experience, they give you a lead/despatch time and despatch on time..worth the wait

Andrew Browne
    BPL Member

@andrew_browne

Locale: Mornington Peninsula AUSTRALIA

Did your contract with your Cocoon pant’s manufacturer have a performance/delivery clause for lack of performance ? If so you could pass on the kickback!!! If so, why not??
    If you’re going to dump him, we loyal followers have a right to know who he is so we can avoid him or others he supplies to? (Sorry correct the above to he or she or them)
    backpackinglight.com has become more commercial over the past few years I have been a subscriber….Go back to your roots/origins…Increase your subscription rates….Go walking more (it’s a lot less hassle than dealing with suppliers and disgruntled subscribers)…Post more walking/trekking reports…Most of us are time poor and like to read about people who are able to get about (even if you’re on the otherside of the world) …Leave the manufacturing ( sub-contracting to others) who I personally are better suited to it.

Richard Nelridge
    Spectator

@naturephoto1

Locale: Eastern Pennsylvania

Ryan,

Just wondering what has been decided and determined regarding the Cocoon Pant orders. We havn’t heard anything since October 12. You were expecting to hear from the Factory regarding their possible date for completion. If the date stipulated was confirmed for January or February of 2006 you indicated that another source for production would be found.

Thanks very much for any update on these pants.

Rich

Ryan Faulkner
    Spectator

@ryanf

I need to know if the Cocoon pullovers will be avalible for shipment prior to christmas because I dont want to pre order if this is not so.
    thanks,
    Ryan F

Ryan Jordan
    Admin

@ryan

Locale: Central Rockies

Cocoons: just updated in a members email today.

Expected ship date from mfr to us is December 20. Expected ship date from us to our customers is between Christmas and New Years.

I’m hoping to bump it up a few weeks sooner, but no promises at this time. Count on them on your doorstep before the New Year.

Ryan Faulkner
    Spectator

@ryanf

just saw the E-mail
    what kind of “new content” should I be waiting for

Viewing 9 posts - 26 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools