Topic

Yosemite/Vogelsang August 2005

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Yosemite/Vogelsang August 2005

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Tom Clark
    BPL Member

@tomclark

Locale: East Coast

I had posted a quick trip report of my trip to Yosemite from August 2005.

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/xdpy/forum_thread/4119/index.html

I FINALLY got around to putting a more complete trip report on flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tomclark1/

During that trip we did the usual tourist stuff (Glacier Point, Tunnel View, Mariposa Grove, Yosemite Valley), but we also did a 3-day trip to Vogelsang. Since the heavy snowfall from the previous winter had prevented the park from opening the High Sierra camp at Vogelsang, we had the area virtually to ourselves.

I was very happy with my GG Mariposa Pack, Oware Tarp, Tin Man Stove, and other lightweight gear that I was using. I was the only lightweight backpacker among the group, and with the high elevation, my smaller pack was envied even more. With my lower pack weight, I was ready to keep hiking to new campsites every night, but everyone else appreciated the ability to explore the granite sans packs. In the Sierra's there is no bad choice, and I really enjoyed the trip. However, I kept wondering what was to be found just over "the next ridge."

I hope you enjoy the photos.

Ken Helwig
    BPL Member

@kennyhel77

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA

What's over the ridge is what keeps me coming back time and time again. Yosemite is a wonderful place

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools