Topic

Latex gloves

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Multiple Use Gear Latex gloves

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Heath Pitts
    BPL Member

@heathpitts

Locale: Nashville

Bob,

Do you mean like the yellow household sink gloves?

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

I mean the thinnest, clear, disposable vinyl gloves.

–B.G.–

Heath Pitts
    BPL Member

@heathpitts

Locale: Nashville

Will vinyl be stronger than the nitrile? I plan on using them as an over glove.

Jennifer McFarlane
    BPL Member

@jennymcfarlane

Locale: Southern California

I've worn all three at work and in my opinion Nitrile are the strongest.
    I carry some in my first aid kit.
    We've tested them from many different vendors.
    The Kimberly Clark purple Nitrile gloves are the heaviest and strongest, their silver ones are lighter and almost as strong.
    Many other vendor's gloves come out of the box with many defects- holes, easily torn, etc.
    After many years of using latex gloves, I started to develop rashes on my hands from them, and at that time switched to vinyl. The vinyl never had the same stretch capabilites of latex, and tore much easier than latex. As hospitals grew concerned with patient's allergies to latex, many switched to nitrile to protect the patients. We now use only nitrile for exam gloves. These are the ones you can buy on Amazon and it drugstores.

Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools