Topic

gear list up for criticism

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear Lists gear list up for criticism

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Derek Cox
    Spectator

@derekcox

Locale: Southeast

So this is an abbreviated gear list I have created that i feel like, for me, would be the best compromise of weight and comfort. feel free to share any thoughts.

Osprey atmos 50 + pack cover: ventilation and comfort of this pack makes me stay with it over much lighter frameless packs as of now. perhaps with a much lighter gear list my opinion would be changed, but im not sure i want to go to that.
    GG The One: Lightest fully enclosed single person shelter that I am aware of. gotten good reviews from what i've heard so far.
    WM Summerlite: I roll around too much to try for a quilt i think, but this is not much heavier and can serve summer or light winter with some added insulation clothing
    Thermarest Prolite 3 R: i know its really heavy but i like it. thats all.
    Inflatable pillow
    Heine Pot and alcohol stove
    odds and ends: toiletries, first aid, bug, tp, camera, light, etc.
    montbell UL Down inner jacket
    Titanium goat adjustable poles
    ID eVent thru hiker jacket & Rain Pants (no experience with these but seems like a popular/good choice. input?)
    OR depending on how wet/warm it is…
    Montbell UL wind jacket

For more UL I have a poncho tarp and homemade meteor bivy but am still getting used to that system and am not sure whether i would rather stick with it or just carry the extra weight. same deal for pack (MLD Zip)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools