Topic

looking for an ul pot lifter

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) looking for an ul pot lifter

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Troy Meadows
    BPL Member

@lightworker

Locale: Sierra foothills

Wondering if anyone has any ideas about a pot lifter for the
    BPL firelite 1300 cook set
    The MSR LiteLifter weights in at 1oz from MSR's site. Is there anything out there lighter? I know 1oz is hard to beat but any Ideas would be awsome.

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

A skeletonized aluminum potlifter is about as light as they get. I took the steel handles off my JetBoil 1.5 L. pot & use teh MSR lifter myself.

Eric

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

I find the MSR LiteLifter pretty good myself, and use it most of the time.

Roger B
    BPL Member

@rogerb

Locale: Denmark

For me it is the MSR litelifter, they are reliable and grip well.

Curt Peterson
    BPL Member

@curtpeterson

Locale: Pacific Northwest

The lifter for the Trangia set is lighter, but very hard to find without the set. I've even tried to get one directly from Sweden with no luck. Maybe BPL could order a bunch of them?

Has anyone pared down the LiteLifter? Just curious if putting holes in the broad sides makes an appreciable weight savings.

Monty Montana
    BPL Member

@tarasbulba

Locale: Rocky Mountains

Hi Troy! By jumping through unimaginable hoops I did manage to score a Mini Trangia pot lifter, and It weighs in at 19 g. First I went to Trangia.SE, but couldn't find an English page. Then I went to libertymountain.com where they assured me that they had the mini lifter in stock, but what they sent was the regular MSR type lifter and claimed that was the only one Trangia makes. Finally REI happened to have one kicking around that had become separated from the kit, so they sold it to me. Basically, it resembles the mini condiment tongs found at salad bars made of one piece spring steel. Next time I'll just modify one of these, because I don't think Trangia is going to let go of theirs.
    Happy trails!

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

I use an imitation Trangia lifter bought from a "disposal" store. No holes in it, so I drilled everywhere I could, in the end I saved 5g (after some filing as well)Tot weight now about 25g
    One feature I like on the MSR is the red handles, sometime I have to search for my dull aluminum ones. I see if I find some red paint.
    Franco

Rob Blazoff

@genetic

Locale: Out back, brewing beer in BPA.

I believe the official material your UL lifter is made of is

"Drillium".

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools