Topic

PM History

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Miguel Arboleda
    BPL Member

@butuki

Locale: Kanto Plain, Japan

I just realized today that when I tried to go back and look at the threads of PM's I've received and sent with members here there was no way to access the old PM's. Or am I just being daft here and not realizing something that everyone else knows about? Is there a way for members to access their old PM's?

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Miguel:

Methinks the only way to go back to messages received is to save the email notifications that came from BPL to your private email address. These notifications contain the messages themselves.

I can't think of a way to save our own sent messages though… which is why after a few PM's, I much prefer taking the exchanges off BPL — using regular email's instead.

Miguel Arboleda
    BPL Member

@butuki

Locale: Kanto Plain, Japan

I thought that's how it might be, Ben. I needed to take a look at an earlier PM I had sent so I could answer someone without repeating myself, but couldn't find what I had written. Oh well.

Bob Bankhead
    BPL Member

@wandering_bob

Locale: Oregon, USA

I've had the same problem. It's especially frusrating when you are trying to buy/sell something on the forum. I wrote a BPL Support inquiry yesterday about this but have yet to receive a reply.

Since you can't PM yourself, the only way to save a copy of what you replied is to copy and paste the message into your word processor and save it on your hard drive or to paste it into a blank email that you send to yourself.

Why so many folks want to use a poorly designed PM system like this instead of email is beyond me.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools