Topic

Patagonia Sun Hoody

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Patagonia Sun Hoody

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Frank Perkins

@fperkins

Locale: North East

While not exactly a R .5 Hoody…

Sun Hoody

Ryan Teale
    BPL Member

@monstertruck-2

Locale: Almost Yosemite

I noticed this too, interesting idea. I suspect it is a looser fit designed for fishing/beach wear which might not work so well as a baselayer. Not sure it is something they would stock in a store (online only?) so may be hard to check out in person.

Bill B
    BPL Member

@bill123

Joshua Mitchell

@jdmitch

Locale: Kansas

Huh… very interesting… definitely not a technical later like the r.5… but still could have it's uses. Especially in shoulder seasons…

chris Mcfarland

@pecos

Locale: baba yaga's porch
    David Chenault
    BPL Member

@davec

Locale: Queen City, MT

I've been looking for something like a Capilene 2 hoodie for a while. This looks like it would fit, except for the fit thing. Can anyone provide any experience and/or photos of how baggy this thing is?

I used to know how Pati stuff fit, but they've been changing things up a lot lately. I'm afraid that a medium would be too baggy in the torso, and a small too short in the arms. I can always order from REI and return.

brian blair

@donkey

Locale: Silverado Canyon

http://www.swrvestore.com/servlet/Detail?no=64

I just picked up one of these and it fits the bill quite nicely. Haven't weighed it yet…..likely won't as it's just too perfect in terms of fit/function for me to care!

jeffrey bennett
    Spectator

@jollygreen

Locale: Near the bottom

Great hoody. Tough as nails. I am 6'1 170 and the medium was short in the arms but a good fit around the body. Sizing is close to the BPL UL hoody. My medium weight 8.5 oz. Glad to see they are making it again. My son lost the last one. This time will size up to a large and use it as more of a looser mid layer. I will look for a good pic of the fit on me and my son.

Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

Locale: East Bay

I just got the Sun Hoody in the mail today.I ordered the tan/brown trim XXL..I cant wait to try it out- I like to thumb loops and large hoody for sun protection.Time will tell.

-Jay

Robert Blean
    BPL Member

@blean

Locale: San Jose -- too far from Sierras

The user reviews I saw aid a lot about how easy it is to snag. I sure would not get that impression from what I am reading here. Why the difference impressions?

— MV

jeffrey bennett
    Spectator

@jollygreen

Locale: Near the bottom

"The user reviews I saw aid a lot about how easy it is to snag. I sure would not get that impression from what I am reading here. Why the difference impressions?"

I think this may be due to the comparison to other light weight clothing that people on this site use. Atleast for me it's that way. If you compare the Sun hoody to my BPL UL hoody or to the beartooth hoody the Sun hoody is "as tough as nails". My R1 would be tougher than nails but way to warm. Plus I can wear this around town. My wife says I look like an out of work ninja with the R1. I did have snags on mine but I knew that was just the nature of the fabric and it was only cosmetic. Hope this helps.

Jonathan Ryan
    BPL Member

@jkrew81

Locale: White Mtns

hello,
    this is a great shirt. I use it for winter running as well as just around town. Unfortunatly the material does snag and the fit is pretty baggy. I am 6'4" 200lbs and the large fits me like a sweatshirt hoody.

Ted E
    BPL Member

@mtn_nut

Locale: Morrison, CO

Nice. I like the idea of a superlight hoodie that keeps the sun off you. i hate putting on sunscreen and i forget to pretty often.

I guess i'll have to hit up REI or the patagonia store to try them out.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools