Topic

Long Underwear

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear Lists Long Underwear

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Max Hoagland

@maxhoagland

This is a question mostly for super ultra lighters.

I've noticed that Skurka's gear lists, as well as Golite's gear lists don't include long underwear. I've always taken long underwear to wear under my wind pants around camp. Do you guys leave the long underwear at home and just wear wind pants over your hiking shorts at and around camp?

Matthew Robinson
    Spectator

@mcjhrobinson

Locale: Waaay West

if the weather is going to be below 35F i bring my long johns. i only wear them when i go to sleep though as part of my sleeping system. but then sometimes i'll wear them like sweat pants if i plan on stopping any longer than a few minutes. to me it depends on how cold a sleeper you are. aloha!

Ross Bleakney
    BPL Member

@rossbleakney

Locale: Cascades

I used to bring long underwear on every trip and use it under my rain gear (which doubled as wind gear) when cold. Now, I think it only makes sense for a small temperature window. If it is warm enough, I can get by with just rain pants. If it is colder, I use my Cocoon Pants, which are much warmer. They are lighter than almost any long underwear. I'm sure other folks take the same approach with similar pants.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools