Topic

Shouting my Name!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Scott Ashdown

@waterloggedwellies

Locale: United Kingdom

Is it possible please for a BPL staff member to change my name as listed in the forums from 'SCOTT ASHDOWN' to 'Scott Ashdown'. When I originally created my account I wasn't thinking ahead to how my name might appear in forums and I must have had Caps Lock acivated at the time. As a result it currently looks like i'm shouting my name out in capitals!!! The usual combination of upper and lower would be prefered. I don't appear to be able to find a way of changing it myself.

Thanks.

Scott

Elleyne Beals
    BPL Member

@tahomus

Locale: Not usually at home.

you can fix that- click on "my account" in the top bar, then on the page that opens, look to the right- under the red heading of "my account", click on "change my billing and shipping address". on the page that opens, fix your name in the "primary address" field.

Bill B
    BPL Member

@bill123

This works until you order somthing from BPL at which point your name reverts back to the original.

Elleyne Beals
    BPL Member

@tahomus

Locale: Not usually at home.

just remember to change it back after your order has processed.

Bill B
    BPL Member

@bill123

I do, every time I order something, but you shouldn't have to.

Don Wilson
    BPL Member

@don-1-2-2

Locale: Koyukuk River, Alaska

Scott –

Send this request to customer support as a support issue (not a forum post) and they can help you. I think this is an easy one for them.

Don

Bill B
    BPL Member

@bill123

Don,
    I did just that a long time ago and part of their solution was to do what we have been talking about.

Scott,
    There are a few threads about this already. Search for name change under BPL Members.

Don Wilson
    BPL Member

@don-1-2-2

Locale: Koyukuk River, Alaska

I think there are 2 issues here.

Scott can change his name so it is not in upper case. I beleive that is doable and customer support can help.

There are also some folks who want their name to be different in forum posts and shipping. For example, some people don't want their last name listed in forums, and currently need to use the approach of changing names before and after an order because the forum uses you shipping name on each post.

That's a separate issue, I think – and one that requires a more complex solution.

Scott Ashdown

@waterloggedwellies

Locale: United Kingdom

Thanks everyone for your comments.

Don, i'll send a request to support and ask that they change it.

Thanks again.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools