Topic

Do you use insoles inside of your boots?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Do you use insoles inside of your boots?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Eric Falk
    Spectator

@zerolimit

I just received a pair of roclite 390's and am very impressed with the light weight of them. They seem pretty comfortable and I think they're going to be great but I would imagine with an insole it would improve the overall feel and give a lot of cushion to each step. Do you use insoles in your boots or trail runners? What brand? Thanks for the advice. Eric

Margo Costas

@margoc

Locale: Savannah Georgia

I use superfeets the blue and green ones, depending on the volume of the shoe. My feet are finally pain free!

Now I have knee problems and am supposed to get some orthotics next week. I'm kind of apprehensive because I've gotten custom orthotics 2 times in the past and they did not do what they were supposed to do in spite of the high cost.

But they say knee problems begin in the feet so I guess I'll have to get some more orthotics.

Slo Hiker
    BPL Member

@slohiker

Locale: NC Foothills

I've used customs and the Superfeet brand with good success, but lately I've been using Powerstep insoles and they're very comfortable. I'm getting them on Ebay for less than $25 shipped – both the Full-Length & Pinnacle versions.

Rob Blazoff

@genetic

Locale: Out back, brewing beer in BPA.

I've used Superfeet and I've moved on to the SOLE Dean Karnazes insoles. The insoles are going to be supportive.
    Be warned: there is a slight break in period. Use them for a few hours max at first.

Eric Falk
    Spectator

@zerolimit

I think I'm defitely going to give them a shot. I check out the brands everyone posted. Thanks again, Eric

Ryan Stoughton
    BPL Member

@txtengu

Locale: Seattle

I would also reccomend checking out SOLE footbeds. You heat them in the oven and end up with a custom fit. Seriously comfortable!!

Ryan

Steve Hawkins

@shawk

Locale: Midwest

I've been using Heat Moldable inserts made by Archmold…http://www.archmolds.com/

I use the Maximums in my boots. Very comfy.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools