Topic

Cleaning an Arc’teryx Gore-Tex XCR Jacket

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Cleaning an Arc’teryx Gore-Tex XCR Jacket

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Chris Jones
    BPL Member

@nightmarcher

Hey guys,

I have an Arc'teryx Theta AR jacket, 2007 model constructed with Gore-Tex XCR fabric.

I took the jacket on a month-long skiing holiday, and despite my best efforts to take good care of the jacket (and keep myself clean), it has come to show a little grime.

It wouldn't normally be noticeable, but the inside layer of the jacket is a light gray color, so the collar and armpit areas are a little discolored (i.e., yellow–I know, ewww!). (The armpit thing is news to me–I used antiperspirant regularly and had 2 layers of material separating skin from jacket. Is yellowing due to the antiperspirant or the sweat?).

Anyway, I am looking for suggestions on how to clean my jacket. I am considering Nikwax Tech Wash. But if there is a better alternative out there I am listening.

Thanks in advance.

Chris

Stumphges
    BPL Member

@stumphges

Arc' has recently added care instructions for each item they sell on their website. Just go to the Theta page and click on 'care'. A guy from Gore recently told me it was advisable to put a little baking soda in the wash along with whatever soap you use (TechWash sounds good) for smell. Dry on perm. press to revive DWR.

Tim Heckel
    Spectator

@thinair

Locale: 6237' - Manitou Springs

I highly recommend Revivex:
    http://www.revivex.com/

Richard Risinger

@rrisinger

Locale: South Texas

Wash it in a powdereed detergent or something like Techwash. Cold water. DO NOT USE A FABRIC SOFTENER. Run it through the wash cycle again without soap to get as much soap out as you can. Drying it in the dryer at low height may revive the DWR, but if it's a year old you may need to spray it again. Check to see if water beads on the surface.

It you need DWR use the spray not the wash in. The wash in will kill the breathability.

Or you can check the arc'teryx website :-)

Aaron Sorensen
    BPL Member

@awsorensen

Locale: South of Forester Pass

Just don't spray the Event or your in even bigger trouble than a dirty jacket.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools