Topic

Making a Waterlight?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Making a Waterlight?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Elizabeth Rothman

@erothman2

Locale: Pacific NW

I stumbled across MiniBull Design's waterlight on the web tonight, it looks nifty for light (can't sleep without reading first) and raising the temp/reducing condensation in a tent. Seems Tinny is no longer selling them, and the videos don't show the components well enough for me to wing it. Anyone have any ideas?

Jason Klass
    BPL Member

@jasonklass

Locale: Colorado

Hi Elizabeth,
    I'm pretty sure Tinny has a CD with instructions on how to make the waterlight. I'm sure he can send you one if you email him. As I remember, it also has instructions on how to make a swiss pillow, hasty hooch, etc.

Yukio Yamakawa

@jsbjsb

Locale: Tokyo,JAPAN

p>「MVI_2038.AVI」をダウンロード

<span style=”color:#cc0033″>火に水を注ぐ!</span>

この大胆な発想をミニブルデザインで発見。しかし目的にピタリと合致するペットボトルに出会うまでに多くの無駄な時間が掛かってしまいました。構想3ヶ月で、ヤッツケ仕事は30分間だった

Ssimg_2035

「マルダイ醤油」のペットボトルにはやや太いスパイラル溝の部分があり注いだ水を下まで行き渡らせることが出来ます (ここが大事なポイントなのです)さらに、上部のやや細い直径部分を内筒として重ねられる。

<span style=”color:#000000″>内側を15mm高くすることで、とても注ぎ易くなります</span>

<span style=”color:#0033ff”>Ssimg_2021 </span>

<span style=”color:#0033ff”>底部分も運搬時に補強材として役立つ</span>

<span style=”color:#0033ff”>ので、20mm厚みで大切に切り取る。</span>

<span style=”color:#0033ff”>使うときには安定台として。</span>

<span style=”color:#0033ff”>このビンには、水冷ジャケットに必要充分な要素が</span>

<span style=”color:#0033ff”>すべて揃っています!</span>

チープ&ウルトラライトも、軽くクリアしました!

↑YouTubeへリンクしています

落としても大丈夫で、耐熱性も水冷で万全です。

ロングスカートにすれば、自立も可能ですが

ここでは、Tzstoveさんの作品、鎧ちびstoveを上下反転

させています。程好い重さで安定した脚部となっています。

カギ型の切込み部分に回転させて取り付けるという

バヨネットマウントです、素手で持ち上げられます!

かわゆい鎖で吊り下げても綺麗な小道具になるでしょう

熱いですから、長めにして火傷にご注意して下さい。

☆ 動画では、小型キャンドルを放り込んでいますが

サラダオイルなどを注いでティッシュを細く捻り点火しても

幽玄の世界へいざなってくれます。それは簡素ですが

素敵なキャンプの夜の、名脇役になってくれます。

少し紅茶なども注ぐと、心安らぐレトロの雰囲気にも

Mike Barney

@eaglemb

Locale: AZ, the Great Southwest!

Not a bad idea, the translation below is a rough automated Google / Babblefish translation. There are some thicker wall bottles available in the US, my concern would be the bottle catching on fire or melting, but that might be mitigatible.
    MikeB

This bold idea MINIBURUDEZAIN found. But the purpose of conforming to the dead and to meet a lot of plastic bottle waste time hanging on. Initiative three months, the 30-minute work was YATTSUKE

"MARUDAI soy sauce" is rather thick plastic bottles spiral groove and I poured water into the lower portion until you can spread (this is an important point.) Furthermore, rather thin at the top of the inner cylinder diameter as part Again inside a 15 mm high, so you fool poured sole also serve as reinforcement when transporting so important to cut 20 mm in thickness. use as a platform for stability.

Bin this, the water-cooled jacket will need sufficient elements all the Ultra-cheap light, clear light!

Drop it safe, heat-resistant and water-cooled and foolproof. Long skirt, it is possible independence
    Here, he works Tzstove the stove to flip vertical Tiny Armour

Them. Cheng fond stable weight, and leg.
    Form part of the key to check the rotational speed installing BAYONETTOMAUNTO, will lift bare hands!
    KAWAYUI吊りdown in the chain also will be pretty prop
    Hot is, the longer it burns your attention please.
    movie with a small candle in a放り込ん.
    Salad oil and pour thin tissues also ignited捻り
    いざなっworld of subtle and profound. It is simplicity.
    Camp nice night, in the name of supporting role.
    Tea and pour a little of the mind at ease, retro atmosphere.

Elizabeth Rothman

@erothman2

Locale: Pacific NW

Language issue #1: Tinny's only PC compatible. I choose to live in an Apple world.
    Language issue #2: seeing the robotic translation of Yamakawasan's gaslight posting, the process that led to the creation of my collection of "English" t-shirts from Japan are less mysterious. Kawauyi (Dangerous) indeed. Maybe I'll get Tinny's DVD and go over to visit some similarly Mac-impaired friend's house. Or go to Japan again. Thanks all.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools