Topic

Colorado March 18th-25th

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Colorado March 18th-25th

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Christopher Chupka

@fattexan

Locale: NTX

Anybody up for a couple of Fourteeners? My brother had to back out of our Wheeler Peak trip. I already went up a few years ago in the Winter and am going up to CO instead.

I will be skiing with my daughter at Sipapu that first weekend of Spring Break so hopefully a little acclimatizing will be done.

I am looking at Greys/Torreys, Bierstadt,Evans. Or in the Elbert area. I would not mind doing anything more technical as long as you have more experience than I do, and that should not be to hard.

My winter trips have been Wheeler, Greys, and Pikes. All pretty tame stuff. I have done my few winter trips solo and went thru the Army Winter Warfare Course so I consider myself somewhat safe. I am looking at peaks with the least avy danger.

I would love to try Longs in the winter but not by myself with my experience.

I will be leaving from Wichita Falls.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools