Topic

Inov-8 Sizing?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Inov-8 Sizing?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Jamie Shortt
    BPL Member

@jshortt

Locale: North Carolina

I can not find a local dealer for Inov-8 shoes so I think I'm going to risk ordering over the internet and hope they fit. I normally wear a street 9.5 or running/trail shoe of 10. Should I size up to a 10.5 or stick with a 10?

Also I am considering the flyroc 345 GTX and the roclite 318 GTX…any preferences?

Mark Mendell
    BPL Member

@mmendell

Locale: Midwest

In my limited experience, they run 1/2 to 1 size small. I just bought my first pair, and it took a couple of tries.

If you wear 10.5 trail/running, I'd definitely start with an 11. Zappos is great about returns, and has very quick shipping and service.

Ryan Faulkner
    Spectator

@ryanf

I just bought some Inov-8 f-lite 300s from zombierunner.com

zombie runner carries all inov-8 shoes

at least for my model, they recomended sizing 1/2 size up.

I normally wear 11.5 in running shoes, and I got a size 12. they fit great

the roclite 318 has the exact same last as my f-lites, and so far I am very happy with them. I beleive the roclite's have more cushion than the flyroc's, and also incorporate inov-8's new fascia band technology

Al Shaver
    BPL Member

@al_t-tude

Locale: High Sierra and CA Central Coast

I consistently wear a size 9 (except for Mizuno running shoes which require a 10).
    My F-Lite 250s are a 9.5 and are short in the toe. My experience would be to go up a full size. To save time you could order 1/2 and full size up and return the one that fits poorest.

Jeff Boone
    BPL Member

@jnboone

I have the Roclites and had to go up a whole size from 11 to 12. Love em!

Christopher Chupka

@fattexan

Locale: NTX

Dang, I guess REI isn't going to carry Inov8 or Montrail anymore. I gots my 20% coupon and $25.06 dividend burning a hole in my pocket.

Peter Fogel
    Spectator

@pgfogel

Locale: Western Slope, Colorado

I've been wearing the Roclite 318 GTXs this entire season. I love them. My feet have never gotten cold or wet. They're as light or lighter than most non GTX shoes, and extremely flexible. I would agree, size up. If you are planning to wear them with winter socks, definately go up one whole size. If not you may have to use your best judgement, but I would still probably go up a whole size.

Robert Devereux
    Spectator

@robdev

Locale: Pittsburgh, PA

I went up 0.5 sizes for my first pair. It's perfect for summer wear with thin socks. For cool, damp weather, I can wear Gore-Tex socks over the thin socks, but the fit is a little tight. The fit is too tight to wear two pairs of light socks.

I think if I went up a full size, I would have a better fit for layered socks and more comfort with the Gore-Tex socks.

BPLwiia
    Spectator

@bplwiia

I drove two hours to a place that carried three models. I tried on all three and thankfully I went there in person. I am normally a 9.5 but had to go to a 10.5 in all three models (305, 310 and 318GTX).

If I were ordering online I would go a full size up.

Chris Benson

@roguenode

Locale: Boulder

With the flyroc 310's, my first pair was 1/2 size larger than my normal size. They fit fine unless I pulled high mileage days and had some swelling. My 2nd pair I went 1 size larger and am glad I did.

Larry Schiff
    BPL Member

@larseski

Locale: Pacific NW

I recently purchased my first inov-8's from endless.com (part of amazon).

I ordered 3 pair all size 11 (normally wear a 10.5 wide size): a 390, a 315, & a 318 GTX, all Roclites. The insoles from all 3 were identical in size.

-The 318s fit fine, but have only worn them about 6 miles (5 trail w/35lb pack & 1 road). I like them so far and am keeping them.

-The 390s were a larger volume and a size too big.
    -The 315s were very small volume and were very tight, at least a size too small. I returned both.

Endless.com provided free shipping both ways and credited my account within 7 working days from when I shipped them back. This was my first experience with them and will use them again.

Jim MacDiarmid
    BPL Member

@jrmacd

I measured my foot using a ruler as instructed on the Inov-8 website, and then used their chart, which told me I'm a size 11. I'm not really even a size 11 in regular shoes. I always thought I was an 11.5, but then last year when I went to buy hiking boots, I read up on fitting, and bought a pair of 12s. They felt fine at home, but when I got out on the trail, I had really sore tores within 5 miles because of severe toe-bump. This wasn't a break-in issue. Lucky for me, I bought them from a place with a satisfaction guaranteed policy, so I was able to exchange them for 13s, which feel fine. I have a pair of Salomon trail runners in 13, which fit well, but maybe I have to cinch the laces a little tight to make them fit snug.

Do running shoes fit very differently than hiking boots? I've never run before this year. I have no local retailer for Inov-8, and I know I can order from runningwarehouse with free shipping both ways, so no risk, but I'd rather not order a pair of roclite 295's in half sizes from 11.5 to 13, ditto for the Terroc 330s and the flyroc 310s. That's a lot of shoes and a lot of wasted shipping.

I guess this is all a long way of asking, would a Inov-8 owner mind going to the Inov-8 website here and measuring your foot as they instruct, and then comparing what you're recommended size is compared to what you actually wear?

Or if somebody has experience with Salomons (I have the XA Pro 3D Ultra gtx)or New Balance, Asics, etc (I can try them on at Sports Basement) and how their sizing compares to Inov-8.

The river fording thread has convinced me I *need* a pair of mesh breathable trail runners to compliment the gtx, and I'd really like to try a pair of Inov-8s.

Thanks in advance.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools