Topic

What Can I Make With This?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear What Can I Make With This?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kyle Purcell

@dufus934

Locale: North Texas

I just found an old down comforter that I forgot I had. The down isn't very good quality, because there are a lot of feathers mixed in with it. However, is there anything I can do with this?

mark henley

@flash582

You can take a large screen and filter out some of the feathers, however, the mess that it would make would be too big a hassle if you ask me.

Kyle Purcell

@dufus934

Locale: North Texas

how would I go about makind this screen?

David Wills

@willspower3

Small down things would be best since the total weight penalty is low. I would suggest an excessively puffy down hat (like the JRB, but bigger and brighter!), some booties and mitts.

Justin Ling

@ling_jd

Locale: columbus ohio

I second what david said. Everytime I find a down jacket at the thrift store whose down seems high quality, I buy it up for small projects. I plan on making a hood and some mitts. I already make these toe cozies for cold weather camping. I posted them in a different thread awhile back. They weigh only 1.2 oz. for the pair.

<center>
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

</center>

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools