Topic

jacket project

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear jacket project

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kyle Purcell

@dufus934

Locale: North Texas

I'm about to start making my first jacket, but I don't know how to start. Do I buy one of those patterns, just get directions off of the internet or buy a kit from someone?

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

Locale: Minnesota

I used green pepper's mount hood hoodie pattern to make a very nice and light wind shirt. Patterns like that can be found locally and you can adapt them for your needs. I left off the pouch pocket and followed the rest of the directions and patterns for a great jacket with some cheap fabric.

If you look around you can find the perfect pattern for a couple bucks

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

I would buy the thru hiker kit.

David Wills

@willspower3

the thru hiker kit is good. it is easy to modify to add a full length zipper, pockets or a hood. I wish it had a hood pattern included though. Yesterday i made a casual sport coat with a full length zipper with it in about 4 hours. Its super snazzy.

Charles Grier
    BPL Member

@rincon

Locale: Desert Southwest

I have made a hooded pullover windshirt by modifying the pattern for the Green Pepper Oregon Jacket. The windshirt weighs almost exactly 3 oz. I like the 3-piece hood design of the Oregon Jacket better than I do the 2-piece hood common on many other designs. I have also made a Thru-Hiker windshirt. I like the Green Pepper modification better because of the hood. I have written up notes on how to do the modifications. PM me if you are interested.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools