Topic

Northern California Hikers Appreciation Group or Something Like That

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Northern California Hikers Appreciation Group or Something Like That

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ken Helwig
    BPL Member

@kennyhel77

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA

Since there seems to be a fair amount of us in the SAN JOSE Bay Area….as well as Sacramento, and Central Coast, I thought that we should have one section to discuss possible ideas for trips and such. That way we can coordinate trips and find out who wants to go, and keep it kind of condensed down. What do you guys think.

I mean, I would love to do Rae Lakes Loop again this summer. But this time with 40 pounds less of gear!!

Rancheria Falls in Yosemite in May?
    Tuolumne Meadows to Mammoth in 3 days?

Joshua Billings
    BPL Member

@joshua

Locale: Santa Cruz,Ca

Fun stuff in the woods. Count me in. Can't wait to get out again.
    Josh

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Not at all a bunch of ultralighters, but some do lurk here. A great group of people. I had blast on a trip to the Trinitys' last summer and am doing the Lost Coast in May. Most seem to live in the Sacramento, Santa Rosa region of this great state. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NorthCA_Hiking/

Ken Helwig
    BPL Member

@kennyhel77

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA

Thought that I might bump this up. For those that live in the Central Coast, if you want to meet for a beer somewhere and discuss some trips let me know. I am looking for others to do some hiking this summer. I have two weeks of vacation and would love to take a couple of trips. I cannot do two weeks at once but can do 4-5 day trips on each as well as overnighters in the Sierra's. I love cross country and getting up above tree line. Yosemite, Hoover, Emmigrant, SEKI…lets do this!!!

Jeff Cadorin
    BPL Member

@jeffcadorin-2

Locale: paper beats rock

Well I have been wanting to do a 2 or 3 night into the trinity alps rounding out to either caribue lakes or grizzley lake. Im thinking it will be somewhere around the middle of may or into june. All hinges on when my daughter is born. I plan on doing some fishing and peak bagging if time permits. I have never been up there but alot of trails to make all kinds of different trips.

Patrick Coulson

@pcoulson

Locale: No California

I am pretty flexible with my time and I am almost always game for a 3-4 nighter.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools