Topic

Eastern PA BPL Hikers

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Eastern PA BPL Hikers

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 21 posts - 26 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Nathan Baker
    BPL Member

@slvravn

Locale: East Coast - Mid Atlantic

Sounds like a good trip, but I am actually going to attempt Pinchot this weekend. Hopefully the weather holds just a bit…

Joe Geib
    BPL Member

@joegeib

Locale: Delaware & Lehigh Valleys

Tom,

Don't throw me under the bus just yet! Work plans have changed – and may still change. That may afford me some extra time to get school work done ahead of time.

No promises yet, but I may surprise you all. What are the plans (meeting place, time?)

Tom Clark
    BPL Member

@tomclark

Locale: East Coast

I'm waiting to see if anyone can commit, but I think we can be flexible to accomodate driving distance and hiking speed. An end-to-end isn't too hard along the AT here in NE PA since we can shoot between gaps on Rt. 80 pretty easily.

Sat. night is best for me.

Tom Clark
    BPL Member

@tomclark

Change of plans for me… How does April 26 sound?

Joe Geib
    BPL Member

@joegeib

Tom, I'm not sure. I may be able to go. Both dates are up in the air for me – nothing definite either way yet.

Tom Clark
    BPL Member

@tomclark

Joe, That sounds good…let's see how it works. If there's a better time for you, let us know. Nothing final yet.

brian fitzmartin

@brianfitz

Locale: philadelphia PA

i had to cancel my plans for april 19. but i do have premission from the wife and work to head out the beginnihg of may.myself and a friend are starting at the outerbridge and heading south for 2 days. sorry about bringung up a trip and not being able to go.

Tom Willcox

@bakwudz

Locale: Eastern PA

I'm afraid I can't make it on the 26th–I'll try to catch up with you guys on the next trip.

Tom

Russell Swanson

@rswanson

Locale: Midatlantic

I'm not quite PA, but within a 20 minute drive, north of Baltimore.

Maryland doesn't have much in the way of backpacking outside of the 42 mile AT section and Green Ridge State Forest (surprisingly decent) so I'm up in PA frequently.

I'm interested in doing the Black Forest Trail in northern PA at some point this year. My wife and I drove up there a few summers ago to do a section of the trail but she suffered from an asthma attack right at the start and we had to bail. It's been on my mind ever since. Any interest amongst PA'ers here?

Tom Willcox

@bakwudz

Russell, I would be interested. Keep me posted on when you would want to go–right now I am busy with soccer coaching and Cub Scouts, but soon will have some free time.

I've been wanting to tackle that trail for some time now.

Tom

Joe Geib
    BPL Member

@joegeib

I may be interested in the trip. Let me know when, and I'll see if I can make it.

Joe Geib
    BPL Member

@joegeib

Tom, Brian, Tom,

Anything happening soon? I can probably get away for a dayhike this weekend, by not for an overnight. Any takers?

Tom Clark
    BPL Member

@tomclark

How does a day hikke this Sunday April 27 sound?
    Tom

Joe Geib
    BPL Member

@joegeib

I'm in! Any other takers?

Tom Clark
    BPL Member

@tomclark

How does an early morning (sunrise type) hike sound? You pick where. I'm in Nazareth, 10 to the AT and Rt. 22. I think availability and timing is more important than what view we'd get, but open to anything.

Joe Geib
    BPL Member

@joegeib

Tom and I are meeting at 7am at the Eckville Shelter/Hawk Mtn Road. We'll be hiking from PA 309 back down to Hawk Mtn Road.

Any other takers?

Tom Clark
    BPL Member

@tomclark

We're meeting at 7 am in the parking lot, and will shuttle back to the Rt. 309 crossing. Hope some of you other PA lightweight hikers can make it.

Tom Willcox

@bakwudz

Sorry guys–have youth soccer games starting at noon tomorrow. One of these days I will have some free time!

Have a great hike.

Tom

Joe Geib
    BPL Member

@joegeib

Lets try to get together again:

LOOK HERE

brian fitzmartin

@brianfitz

Locale: philadelphia PA

i heading out friday into saturday i'm thinking of starting 325 and head as far south as i can get till saturday afternoon

Joe Geib
    BPL Member

@joegeib

Brian,

Right now, I can't do Friday night – I have a work commitment.

Viewing 21 posts - 26 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools