Topic

Who’s going to the PCT trail fest?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Who’s going to the PCT trail fest?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Greyson Howard

@greyhound

Locale: Sierra Nevada

This year's trail fest is in Sacramento.

Trail fest

I don't know what gear companies/vendors will be their but the UL world was represented when I went two years ago in Riverside.

Dave T

@davet

Colleen Clemens

@tarbubble

Locale: dirtville, CA

i'll have to wait 'til it comes back here again. i was at the Riverside fest back in '06. did you see the lady carrying a baby around in a sling? that was me.

going to the kickoff?

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Locale: Homesteading On An Island In The PNW

I was a vendor last year when it was in Seattle and thought about it this year, but the cost of travel is a big killer.

In the end I decided to be a corporate sponsor of our local WTA (Washington Trails Association) Trails Fest in the summer – becuase my sponsorship $$ goes to the trails…my travel costs to CA wouldn't. WTA does most of the trail work in Washington State, so it directly affects the PCT :-)

Greyson Howard

@greyhound

Locale: Sierra Nevada

No, no kickoff this year, although I did that in 2006 as well, just to start learning about the PCT.

Honestly, between the two events in 2006, the kickoff is cooler, but pretty generally doesn't move around the west to within 1 hour of where I live, like trail fest.

I'm hoping to go to trail fest as a reporter this year and come away with a story – I'm a reporter in Truckee, so I am lucky enough to have at least a piece of the PCT in my coverage area.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools