Topic

Andrus Powershield-Softshell

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Andrus Powershield-Softshell

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    David Gilbert

@david0815

My last project is now finished: Andrus

One step further to the ultimate softshell
    -pattern is mostly self-developed but based on shelby´s nallo pattern with a lot of alterations. No piece is original.
    -Material is Polartec Powershield light (blue) and Polartec Powershield (grey).
    -Hood adjustment with three grommets and not sewn on cord-stopper works way better than sewn on. I would really recommend that construction.
    -Cuffs and Hood brim are bonded with sewfree. It works really well even on brushed softshell-backsides
    -Displacing the front-pocket-zippers to the side eliminated the unaesthetic pre-belly bulge I usually had in my former projects.

Some photos:
    Andrus4
    Andrus2
    Andrus5
    Andrus6
    Andrus7
    Andrus8
    Andrus9

peter kvamme

@karacolor

Locale: midwest

Your photos are not showing up on my computer.
    Sounds like a great project, interested to see it…

David Gilbert

@david0815

now they should be visible!

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

Locale: Minnesota

The only downside is no one will ever believe you made it yourself. It looks to pro.

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

Hi Andrus

Fancy writing it up as a BPL MYOG project? Assistance with the writing is available.

Cheers
    Roger
    [email protected]

Joshua Mitchell

@jdmitch

Locale: Kansas

"The only downside is no one will ever believe you made it yourself. It looks to pro."

That was kind of what I was thinking… when I first read the post I wondered "So, what company did he get to make a custom pattern for him"… then I thought "wow…"

Doug Johnson
    BPL Member

@sponge

Locale: PNW

Great design/execution! Did you ever consider a drop-tail? I find a lot of usefulness with one on my jackets.

David Gilbert

@david0815

"The only downside is no one will ever believe you made it yourself. It looks to pro."

Well, that´s a downside I can live with! ;-) But there´s still room for further improvements left.

"Did you ever consider a drop-tail?"
    The pattern uses a slight drop-tail. Just about 1" so you can´t see it at the photos.

Huzefa @ Blue Bolt Gear
    Spectator

@huzefa

Locale: Himalayas

agreed. This stuff is brilliant.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools