Topic

Paria Wilderness Utah/Arizona

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Paria Wilderness Utah/Arizona

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Paul Grube

@plosive

Locale: Above Cache Creek, CA

Would you like to backpack the Paria Canyonlands Wilderness? Check out my trip report.

http://www.venturingoutdoors.com/Hiking/Trip%20Reports/Paria_report.htm

At the bottom click on the video clip, gear list, time-line and photo gallery.

Plosive
    “Light is right”

Harry Dodge

@harrydodgekahn-com

great trip diary. i did that trip north to south. september 1995. there was tons of 1-2 foot deep, very mischievious patches of QUICKSAND. you didn’t mention that. has it disappeared?

when i went the weather was perfect. we walked in that chocolatey water for 4 days. 6 inches deep to 5 feet deep. sometimes with quicksand under. we had to be ready to throw our packs off at a moments notice when the bottom of the river just pretty much disappeared.

it was an incredible trip though. well worth it. nice pics, thanks for the memories.

Paul Grube

@plosive

Locale: Above Cache Creek, CA

On our trip there was very little quicksand. Maybe that was due to the fact that there was so much moving water. Should be a noticable contrast to what this spring is shaping up to be with the lack of rain/snowpack in the southwest (not the northwest). By the way, be sure to check out the short video clip at the end of the article.
    Plosive
    “Light is right”

Mark W Heninger

@heninger

Locale: Pacific Northwest

I did Paria in 2003 and loved it. We were there in june and saw very little water and no pools.

It is a great hike.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools