Topic

Golite Pinnacle Backpack REVIEW

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable Golite Pinnacle Backpack REVIEW

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 26 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Ethan A.
    BPL Member

@mountainwalker

Locale: SF Bay Area & New England

Anyone know how the Pinnacle changed from 2008 to 2010 model, aside from gaining weight? My wife and I are considering it for our winter pack.

Andrew – how did you modify the Pinnacle you took on your Alaska Yukon trip?

And can anyone comment on how to best pack it for winter – what type of pads do you use around the inside of the pack bag for support?

Konrad .
    BPL Member

@konrad1013

Hey EJ, I can comment on a few changes that I recognized.

1) they've changed the hipbelt. It's now sewn in with a wishbone type connection. So imagine each end of the hipbelt being joined at the backpanel at 2 points, with a hole in the middle. It's suppose to wrap around better this way. You can see it clearly in the pack on the right.

2) Sternum strap has changed too. Instead of typical ITW hardwear that slides on a 1 inch piece of webbing, the sternum straps slide on a piping. Not sure why they did this.

3) I think they changed the material on the shoulder straps too. I haven't handled a 10' pack in a while, so i can't recall. It looks different in the pics, and I remember it being different than my 09 jam.

golite changes

Viewing 2 posts - 26 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools