Topic

Mild Cold and Wet Overnighter S. California

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Mild Cold and Wet Overnighter S. California

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    JW
    BPL Member

@litetrail

This weekend I did a fun overnighter in rain and snow to test some wet/cold strategies. It was fun and I learned alot. Here is a link to the photos. The first photo has a full trip report and each successive one has a caption (hit the pause || button right away and you can cycle through images at your own pace or you can change the slide show timer to a longer interval):

http://picasaweb.google.com/jhaura/NordhoffPeak

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

Jhaura –

I like how you used running to dry yourself off and that in your notes for the future that you have opted to worry not about getting wet from rain, but rather allow yourself to get wet from rain to avoid getting wet from perspiration. If one assumes they will be wet it is better to work on methods to stay warm and safe when necessary. Thanks for the report.

– Sam

Anitra Kass

@anitraten

Locale: SoCal

Jhaura,
    Thanks for sharing. Looks like a good time…and I don't even like rain.
    Anitra

Christopher Chupka

@fattexan

Locale: NTX

When I was active duty we were allowed to use our ponchos to make a shelter that was 2 feet high, no taller. The army poncho was always to short for me. I had to make the decision of wet head or wet feet. I would fall asleep curled up in a ball but would always stretch out in my sleep.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools