Topic

Bushbuddy best used in tandem with which cook pot?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Bushbuddy best used in tandem with which cook pot?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Dave .
    BPL Member

@ramapo

I recently got a Bushbuddy for Christmas and now I'm wondering what pot to use with it. I know that the FireLite SUL-1100 Titanium Cookpot fits it like a glove, but it's never in stock here at BPL. I also read that the MSR Titan Kettle fits the Bushbuddy as long as the lid is turned upside down. I'm not sure how good the fit of this option is though and I thought maybe there are others out there that work better.

Does anyone know of any preferrable options?

D G
    Spectator

@dang

Locale: Pacific Northwet

The bushbuddy was designed for use with a snowpeak 900 pot. It fits it like a glove.

George Matthews
    BPL Member

@gmatthews

>>> FireLite SUL-1100 Titanium Cookpot fits it like a glove, but it's never in stock here at BPL. I also read that the MSR Titan Kettle

I use the 1100 with mine. Do a Stock Alert on the item. Then when they are in stock, you'll get an email.

I also have the Kettle. It is not tall enough for the height of the BushBuddy to fully enclose it.

Jay Well
    Spectator

@jwell

Locale: Willamette Valley

Check out this thread:
    http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=7058&disable_pagination=1
    There are some great ideas ways to store the bushbuddy including a modified SP trek 900, a Walmart mug and the BPL1100. Also a lot of other good info about the stove including a picture of the stove and a MST titan kettle side by side. I just got an Ultra too and think I am going with the SP trek 900 because the I don't think I can wait for the BPL1100.

Dave .
    BPL Member

@ramapo

Yep, that looks like the one. Thanks Daniel. I found this link when I googled the Trek 900:

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/xdpy/forum_thread/6885/index.html

Looks like my search didn't turn it up before I created this thread.

I had a feeling that the Titan Kettle wasn't the best option for this stove.

Oh, and I've had a stock alert in for a while, but no luck on the Firelight pot.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The Bushbuddy Ultra fits like a hand in glove inside the IMUSA #10 aluminum mug selling between $2.50 and $4.00 if you can find it. I found mine at Walmart and I don’t know if it is still carried there. The price of the 1100 shooed me away or I would have snatched it up when it came out. Any pot used with the Bushbuddy Ultra will quickly build up with soot and any weight advantage of the 1100 over the IMUSA, if there is any to begin with, becomes fuzzy with the soot. I’m not recommending one over the other. It was simply a dollars and cents decision with me.
    Stove & Mug

Joshua Mitchell

@jdmitch

Locale: Kansas

which is the same as the TriTi900 the dimensions between that and the SP900 are almost the same…

May have the same issues as the MSR Kettle though… (it's a tad shorter)

Michael Reagan

@michaelreagan

Locale: Southern California

I have the Bushbuddy Ultra and the Snow Peak Trek 900. It's a perfect fit. I like the little fry pan lid of the 900 too.

Michael

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools