Topic

New Jetboil

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) New Jetboil

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    John Mowery

@mow

Locale: Minnesota, USA

I just received this press release from a friend:

Jetboil is proud to announce the new Helios series group cooking system, the world’s first liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) injected cooking system, for Spring 2008.

The Helios’ liquid-injection butane fuel cooking system optimizes the convenience and safety of canister fuel while ensuring consistent high-output power throughout the life of the canister, with no loss of performance in the coldest of temperatures.

The Helios series continues Jetboil’s leadership in the high-efficiency outdoor cooking category, a category created by Jetboil in 2004 with the introduction of the Personal Cooking System (PCS). With the launch of the Helios, Jetboil offers systems for a full range of outdoor cooking from solo to large group adventures.

Utilizing Jetboil’s patented FluxRing® technology, the Helios’ 2.0-liter and 3.0-liter cooking vessels offer best-in-class efficiency and boil time performance. A neoprene side cozy and top and bottom covers insulate the cooking vessel while protecting hands and surfaces when serving.

Continuing Jetboil’s hallmark clean design, all Helios system components nest securely in the 2.0-liter pot, which sits inside the 3.0-liter pot.

Anyone have any more information? I've always found the biggest problem with my Jetboil has been it's sensitivity to temperature. This might me a good balance?

Joshua Mitchell

@jdmitch

Locale: Kansas

"Anyone have any more information? I've always found the biggest problem with my Jetboil has been it's sensitivity to temperature. This might me a good balance?"

Search turned up Nada… I wonder if this is an inverted canister system (aka with prefeed tube) ala SP Metal Crab, except with the Jetboil heat exchanger goodness?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools