Topic

New MLD SuperProphet!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) New MLD SuperProphet!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    ERIC PAYNE
    Spectator

@vaporjourney

Locale: Greater Gila

Lookie at what our friends at MLD just unveiled. This is a good looking pack, and is causing me to compare to the Zip. The volume for each pack is nearly identical, which is surprising by looking at the pics. The main difference that I can see is tougher silnylon on the Zip. It should be nice to get some discussion going about this beauty.

Aaron Sorensen
    BPL Member

@awsorensen

Locale: South of Forester Pass

They have a bunch of new stuff added to website.

Ryan Faulkner
    Spectator

@ryanf

super prophet was used on Everest it looks like

cool

Brian UL

@maynard76

Locale: New England

Lots of cool new stuff! The S-prophet has side compression straps.
    Im afraid to see if there will be a 2008 version of the zip, I cant afford it.

Ron Bell / MLD
    BPL Member

@mountainlaureldesigns

Locale: USA

Hey All.

I am updating some pack specs this week and it will take a couple of days. So wait to compare tooooo closely…

Pack strap widths will change a bit. Generally, the larger and tougher the pack the wider the straps.

There will be a SuperZip, but exact specs TBA. Mainly even tougher body fabric and a few feature upgrades.

Any feedback on the new products welcome.

Adam Rothermich
    BPL Member

@aroth87

Locale: Missouri Ozarks

I'm really excited about the Super Prophet. When Ron went and reworked everything I was disappointed that a)I missed the opportunity to get the silnylon Prophet (as was reviewed by BPL) and b)the new Prophet was only available in spinnaker. Now its back, though a little pricier but with more features. If I can't get funds in line I may have to construct a knock-off, it just seems too perfect to not have.

Adam

Jonathan Ryan
    BPL Member

@jkrew81

Locale: White Mtns

Hey Ron,
    any news when the Super Zip will be coming out. I am in the market for a new pack and I am very interested.

ERIC PAYNE
    Spectator

@vaporjourney

Locale: Greater Gila

Check the MLD sign and you shall find the Super Zip you seek. Pricey though!

Brian UL

@maynard76

Lucky for me it isnt different enough from the Original that I feel I have to dish out the cash for a new pack.
    It is an improvment in terms of durability and a canister will be easier to pack, but Im satisfied with my Zip for now.
    By the way the bottle pocket is really nice -if you get one of Rons packs I highly recomend it.

Brian UL

@maynard76

This looks sweet. Why not make one for adults?
    Site description: "Tough materials for no-worry kids use and along long life"
    I think his talking about me? :0

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools