Topic

Pack trimming

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Pack trimming

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Graham Sims

@jenner

I stumbled on a photo of a pile of some of the crap I cut off my pack so I figured I'd post it. No clue who made the pack, I found it in a pile of trash with no tag on it. It's reasonably light and the price is right. Could not weigh the pack with my crappy scale but I could weigh the detritus which came in at a whopping 1lb 6 ounces. I'll get a weight on the pack in the next few daystrimmings
    heres a apic of the pack. going to remove the compression straps once I get some schockcord to replace them with.

Graham Sims

@jenner

well it won't let me put the other pic in so I will try to link it here

that pic was taken before a few of the extra straps were trimmed, btw.

Jeremy Greene
    Spectator

@tippymcstagger

Locale: North Texas

Having recently come to terms with the massive gear suited to leisurely trips with my wife and friends, I decided to put my big bag under the knife.

before 2518g (5.5 lbs.)
    currently 1220g (2.7 lbs.) need to update picture
    Lowe Alpine Contour III on a diet
    Mostly easy cuts.

Discussion: In customizing gear, do you prefer to trim unused accessories from a full featured item, or add accessories to a minimalist one?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools