Topic

Interesting APS Camera

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Photography Interesting APS Camera

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Locale: Pacific Northwest

I'm always haunting thrift stores and I came across this little titanium camera today. It is APS format, so best for more casual shot-of-record type things, but better than no camera at all. If you wanted a small film-based camera for hiking or travel, this *is* small.

It was made by Fuji some years ago and was an expensive unit at the time– over $200. It was marketed under several different names in various countries as is common with photo gear. This one is marked Fujifim Fotonex 1000ix MRC Tiara. It slides open, reminding me of a Minox. The replace the flim, you actually slide the outer case with completely off the main body.

Features:
    6.5oz with case and battery (my scale)
    Fujinon Super EBC 24mm f3.5 Autofocus Lens
    Compact Design
    Titanium Body
    Drop-in Film Loading
    3 Print Formats with Super EBC Real Image Zoom Viewfinder
    Information Exchange (ix)
    Print Quality Improvement (PQI)
    Mid Roll Change (MRC)
    Date/Time
    Intelligent Multi Programmed Zoom Flash with Red-Eye Reduction
    LCD Display
    Self Timer

See http://www.fotoshp.com/fuji_endeavor_1000ix_APS_camera.html

I wonder how an APS negative compares to a 7mp digital. It is a little more than 50% of a 35mm negative. I need to get a roll of film and see how this one does in the field.

Fuji Tiara Fuji Tiara

Fuji Tiara Fuji Tiara

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools