Topic

My 3 season gear list

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear Lists My 3 season gear list

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Frank Perkins

@fperkins

Locale: North East

When my brother, cousin and I first started our twice annual backpacking trips a few years back, I remember thinking "Ok, don't go crazy with the gear.. just get middle of the road gear… no need to get the best gear"

Well well well how things have changed. If I would have known about BPL before that trip to Campmor, I could have saved myself a lot of money. I basically wound up replacing almost all my original gear after reading through BPL. Sometimes I don't know which is more fun, building gear lists or the actual backpacking trip itself.

This is basically my post BPL 3 season gear list that I have been tweaking over the past 2 years. However, I found about 4lbs of weight savings, the problem I just need to spend another 750 bucks to get there. It's a bitter pill to swallow since the gear I'm replacing is only 1-2 years old and in great shape.

This list is for 3 people so you'll see some extra weight for the first aid kit and a 3 person tent. Let me know your comments:

3 season gear list

I'm not sure if I'll ever get to the point of having a tarp shelter, but I'm getting closer as I find what works for me. Feedback is appreciated.

Brett .

@brett1234

Locale: CA

Frank, great gear, and a clean well-organized .xls sheet. I learn something from every list, and your inclusion of the wish list items and the depreciated gear is a nice touch I will adopt. Good luck and see you around BPL.

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Adding deprecated gear will make my list three times as long! :)

Frank Perkins

@fperkins

Locale: North East

Taking Brett's idea, I now have pictures on my gear list. Enjoy!

My gear list

Anonymous
    Inactive

Nice!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools