Topic

MLD Cricket and Rain Kilt Door

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) MLD Cricket and Rain Kilt Door

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Michael
    BPL Member

@tjayblues

I'm looking at adding an MLD Cricket to the collection for 3 season use when good weather is expected (have Solomid for more inclement weather). I've got the Solomid Inner and would rather not purchase the Cricket Inner … which is the same except for a higher bathtub on the front side. I'm thinking of using my rain kilt when needed as more weather protection with the traditional Solomid Inner. Does anyone use the Solomid Inner with the Cricket … thoughts on splash back and such? Suggestions for using a rain kilt in this capacity?

jimmyjam
    BPL Member

@jimmyjam

Locale: Mid Atlantic

I have a similar rig that I can use with my tarp. I have added a couple of mitten hooks on micro bungee to close off the tarp front. The hood goes over the top of my hiking pole.Tarp with Parcho Door

Tony Campana
    BPL Member

@velodadi

Locale: Lowcountry Carolina

The solo internet works very well with the Cricket, and is set back inside far enough to weather most any 3 season storm. To make it even more storm-worthy, you widen the distance between the two front pegs a bit so the tarp "brow" dips down more and the opening size is reduced. ( Works for silnylon, not cuben.) V

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools